Basic Information about Visa Obtaining Process ( Visa Hours: )
- All foreigners, except Indian nationals who are entering through land route into Nepal, must obtain visa to enter into Nepal.
- Visitors can apply for visa at this Embassy during working hours of Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 13:00 hours except on public holidays.
- Visa can also be obtained at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal on arrival except the nationals of Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria. The nationals of these 12 countries are requested to submit their application to the Embassy and wait for the approval of the relevant authorities of Nepal.
- Visitors are required to pay DKK 250.00, DKK 360.00 and DKK 900.00 for 15, 30 and 90 days multiple entry visas (Please make sure that you are carrying cash in Danish Kroner while submitting the application in person at the Embassy).
- Citizens of SAARC countries do not need to pay visa fees (if visiting Nepal for a period of less than one month) unless they are not entering into Nepal from any third country.
- Children below the age of 10 years are exempted from visa fees.
- Applicants are supposed to submit the following documents for obtaining a visa:
– Visa application form Download Form
– Original passport with a minimum of 6 months validity and its copy
– A recent passport size photograph
– An official note or letter for the issuance of visa for Diplomatic or Official passport holders (for issuing gratis visa)
Travel Document holders are required to contact the Embassy prior to sending their documents for visa.
Diplomatic visa is issued by the Embassy free of cost upon receipt of the official request Note/letter from the respective Foreign Ministry/ Department/ Mission along with the original and copy of the passport, a copy of duly filled-in visa application form with a recent photograph affixed in the specified space.
The Embassy also issues Official visas (upto 30 days) upon receipt of the request through the concerned diplomatic mission or foreign ministry/department along with original passport and duly filled in application form with one recent passport size photograph affixed on it. The following officials are eligible for official gratis visa:
– Adminstrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions accredited to Nepal and sitting Honourary Consuls/Consul Generals of Nepal;
– Advisors and experts working in Nepal under an official agreement with the Government of Nepal;
– UN officials and Laisses passers holders;
– Officials working in the international / regional organizations located in Nepal;
– Persons visiting Nepal to attend meeting, conference etc. at the invitation of the Government of Nepal, other Government owned bodies, UNO, ROs and their subsidiary organizations; and Official passport holders visiting Nepal for particular official business.
Tourist visas to the foreigners, except the citizens of those 12 countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria) who are not issued on arrival visas to enter into Nepal, are issued by the Embassies or the Immigration Offices located at various entry points (Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu; Jogbani (Biratnagar); Birgunj (Raxaul); Bhairahawa (Sunauli) and Kakarbhitta (Panitanki) in Nepal-India border and Kodari in Nepal-China border) in Nepal.
Applicants are also advised to send visa fee as money order or cashier’s cheque or bank transfer to the account of the Embassy of Nepal. If two or more applicants are applying together, you may make a single money order of cashier’s cheque multiplying the fee by the number of applicants. Personal cheques and cash payments are not acceptable. Applicants presenting at the Embassy are requested to make payment in cash only.
Applicants are also requested to send a self-addressed strong envelop with sufficient postage charge to return passport/s after issuing the visa. Regular or first class mail has no tracking number to inqure the delivery status. Therefore, we strongly advise all the applicants to send prepaid envelop of any kind of express mail to return passport/s.
We take no responsibility of any undelivered passport/s as a result of insufficient postage charge, a delicate envelop to bear up the load etc. If applying for visa, an additional charge of DKK 150 is required for the registered postage charge.
For the applicants applying for the first time, the following fee structure will be applicable:
• DKK 250 for 15 days multiple entry(Postal charge equivalent to DKK 150 in case of application submitted by post)
• DKK 360 for 30 days multiple entry(Postal charge equivalent to DKK 150 in case of application submitted by post)
• DKK 900 for 90 days multiple entry(Postal charge equivalent to DKK 150 in case of application submitted by post)
Please make sure that you are carrying cash in Danish Kroner if you want to submit the application in person at the Embassy.
If further verification is not required, the visa will be issued on the same day on which the application is received.
Once issued, visa cannot be withdrawn, visa fees cannot be refunded and a visa should be used within six months from the date of issuance. After having obtained visa you are requested to check your type of visa and visa details written in the visa strikers.
Tourists carrying more than US$ 2000 or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Customs Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those exiting Nepal border undeclared amount of foreign currency exceeding above-mentioned amount may be taken action in accordance with Foreign Exchange Rules and Regulations of Nepal.
Tourists traveling by land route are advised to be in possession of valid permit (passage d’carnet) along with the vehicle.
Note: Travel Document/aliens passport holders are required to contact the Embassy prior to sending their documents by post. (Such travel document/alien passports holder are required to provide invitation/sponsorship letter, two-way ticket. The Embassy may also ask for an interview)
Tourist visa to Nepal can also be obtained from Honorary Consul General’s Office in Stockholm. The contact details is as follows:
Dr. Rolan Dahlmann, Honorary Consul General of Nepal
P.O.Box: 7199 Se 10388, Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: +46-86119032 Fax: +46-86119140
The bank details for online payment of visa fees:
Name of Beneficiary: Embassy of Nepal, Copenhagen
Bank: Danske Bank
Reg. No.: 4001
Account No.: 3204374848
If you need further information please feel free to contact us. Our Contact details are:
Embassy of Nepal
Esplanaden 46, 2 Sal
Telephone: (+45) 44 44 40 26
Fax: (+45) 44 44 40 27
email@example.com (For Visa Matters)
For other Matters: